Children’s birthday cards are a lot of fun to make – particularly because the chosen colours are often bright and vibrant. I have cased this card from Dawn Griffith who has a video showing you how to achieve the puffy balloons on this card.
For my card, I chose to mix some retiring, current and upcoming new Stampin’ Up products.
The featured colours in this card are the new Stampin’ Up in-colours for 2016-2018:
- Peekaboo Peach
- Dapper Denim – I used this colour for the card base as well as a balloon.
- Emerald Envy
- Sweet Sugarplum and
- Flirty Flamingo – all which will be available for purchase on 1st June, 2016.
The retiring products I have chosen to feature are:
- the Sassy Salutations Stamp Set (the inside ‘Happy Birthday’ sentiment); and
- the Little Letters Thinlits (for the H A P P Y letters on the balloons on the front of the card).
The current products used are:
- the Number of Years Stamp Set
- the matching Large Numbers framelits (both this and the above stamp set are available for 15% off as a bundle before May 31, 2016 – after this, they will sell separately at full price).
Other products used were: basic black ink, multipurpose liquid glue, Snail adhesive, dimensionals, white bakers twine, whisper white cardstock, basic black cardstock and dazzling diamonds glimmer paper.
Below are some examples of cards made by my customers.